Source References Ė Arner families
[Some technical notes about source citations are here]
of the Reformed Parish in Stadel,
(4) Baptismal Register of Daniel Schumacher, Lutheran pastor, 1754-1774. (FHL film #385062)
of Christ Reformed and Evangelical Lutheran Churches, Schoenersville (Hanover
Township), Lehigh, Pennsylvania (transcribed by Clarence E. Beckel,
typescripts at Bethlehem Area Public Library, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania):
(5a) Reformed Records.
(5b) Lutheran Records.
of Lutheran and Reformed Church, Arendtsville,
of Heidelberg Union Church,
of Dryland Union Church, Hecktown (then in
(10) Records of Benderís
(11) Records of Jordan
(12) Records of Jordan
(13) Reformed Church Records of Reverend John William Weber in Hempfield, Westmoreland, Pennsylvania (transcribed in The German church records of Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania, Paul Miller Ruff, self published, Aliquippa, Pennsylvania, five volumes 1979-1989).
(14) From the individualís
gravestone or cemetery records; place of burial noted in the text.
(14a) From gravestone transcriptions done by Joseph S. Arner (1903-1980), many of them with the assistance of Marvin Davis.
(15) Records of High and Low
Dutch Reformed Congregation, Schoharie,
(16) Records of Evangelical (
(17) Social Security Death Index (free database at Ancestry.com: http://www.ancestry.com/ssdi, updated monthly).
(18) Records of
(19) Records of Reverend
Isaac Shellhammer, Reformed Minister in Luzerne,
(20) Records of The Nescopeck
Church (now Mt. Zion Union Church), Nescopeck,
(21) Records of
(23) Records of First
(24) Records of
(25) Records of
(26) Records of
(27) Records of Reverend Frederick Wilhelm Meendsen, Lutheran Pastor in Northampton and Lehigh Counties, Pennsylvania (transcribed by Rev. Amandus S. Leiby, typescript at Lehigh County Historical Society, Allentown, Pennsylvania).
(28) From the individualís marriage license or marriage license application; location of record noted in the text.
(29) Pastoral records of Reverend Abraham Bartholomew, Reformed Pastor in Carbon and Schuylkill Counties, Pennsylvania, 1862-1903 (FHL film #940437, items 1-3).
(30) Lehigh County, Pennsylvania Marriage and Death Index (newspaper extracts: card file at the Lehigh County Historical Society, Allentown, Pennsylvania).
(31) Records of Solomonís Evangelical and Reformed Church, Macungie, Lehigh, Pennsylvania (in Church History book, published by Solomonís Church; copy at Lehigh County Historical Society, Allentown, Pennsylvania).
(32) Records of Salem United Church of Christ, Allentown, Lehigh, Pennsylvania (transcribed by Myron P. Wehr, typescript at Lehigh County Historical Society, Allentown, Pennsylvania).
(33) Records of Reverend E. J. Fogel (transcribed by Myron P. Wehr, typescript at Lehigh County Historical Society, Allentown, Pennsylvania).
(34) Pastoral Records of Reverend Abraham Blumer, Reformed Minister of Lehigh County, Pennsylvania (handwritten transcript in the Evangelical and Reformed Church Archives, Lancaster, Pennsylvania; transcriber unknown; FHL film #1305842, item 5).
(35) Records of Reverend Daniel Fisher Brendle, Reformed Minister of Northampton County, Pennsylvania (transcribed by Clarence E. Beckel, typescript at Bethlehem Area Public Library, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania).
(36) California Death Index, 1940-1997, California Department of Health Services (Center for Health Statistics), Sacramento, California.
(37) Records of Saddlerís (St. Johnís) Reformed Church, Stewartstown (Hopewell Township), York, Pennsylvania. (FHL film #1432967, item 9)
(38) Records of St.
(39) Records of
(40) From the individualís World War I (WWI) Draft Registration card (in U.S.), or Attestation papers [filled out after enlistment] (in Canada). For U.S. individuals, the location of registration is noted in the text only if the location is different from where the individual lived during both the 1910 and 1920 censuses.
(41) Records of Ben Salem Lutheran and Reformed Church, East Penn, Carbon, Pennsylvania (translated and transcribed by Raymond E. Hollenbach, published by Area Key Publishing Co., Denver, Colorado, 1976).
(42) Pastoral records of Rev. John Henry Helffrich, 1790-1810 and of Rev. John Helffrich, 1816-1862; both ministers in Lehigh and Berks Counties, Pennsylvania (FHL film #020356, item 7).
(43) Records of Bethlehem Lutheran Church, Bendersville, Adams, Pennsylvania.
(44) Records of St. James Evangelical Lutheran Church, Gettysburg, Adams, Pennsylvania.
(45) Florida Death Index, 1877-1998, The Florida Department of Health, Office of Vital Statistics, Jacksonville, Florida, 1998.
(46) Michigan Death Index, 1971-1996, Michigan Department of Vital and Health Records, Lansing, Michigan, 1998.
(47) Records of
(48) North Dakota Death Index, 1881-2004, North Dakota Department of Health, Division of Vital Records, Bismarck, North Dakota, 2004.
(49) From the individualís World War II (WWII) Draft Registration card; location of registration noted in the text only if it seems to add new genealogical value to the narrative.
(50) From the individualís (or parentís) U.S. Passport Application.
(51) ďMichigan Deaths, 1867-1897Ē [online database
and digital images at FamilySearch.org]
citing Death Records, FHL microfilm 2,363,828; Michigan Department of Vital Records,
DAR Patriot Index, Centennial Edition, National Society of
Daughters of the American Revolution (NSDAR),
(B) Lineage Book. Sons of the American Revolution (SAR), Pennsylvania Chapter, 1955.
(C) Pennsylvania Archives, edited by William Henry Egle, published by William Stanley Ray, State Publisher, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, 1897. [See Note here on the format of Pennsylvania Archives citations.]
(D) Pennsylvania in 1780, John and Diane Stemmons, Salt Lake City, Utah, 1978.
(E) History of Lehigh County, Pennsylvania, published by Lehigh Valley Publishing Company, Allentown, Pennsylvania, 1914.
(F) Heidelberg Church: a history and the church records, 1740-1978, compiled and published by Raymond E. Hollenbach, 1977.
(G) History of Carbon County, Pennsylvania, Fred Brenckman, published by James J. Nunggesser, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, 1913.
(H) History of Youngstown & the Mahoning Valley, Ohio, Joseph G. Butler, published by American Historical Society, 1921.
(I) History of Mercer County, Pennsylvania, Brown, Runk & Company, Chicago, Illinois, 1888.
(J) History of Luzerne County, Pennsylvania, H. C. Bradsby, published by S. B. Nelson & Co., Chicago, Illinois, 1893.
(K) History of Carbon County, Pennsylvania, Thomas D. Eckhart, Nevada, Iowa, 1992.
(L) An unpublished Arner Genealogy manuscript, compiled by Minerva M. (Messerschmidt) Arner.
Genealogy, compiled by Dr. George B. L. Arner (1883-1952).
Updated and revised manuscript on file at the National
(N) Ancestors and Descendants of Johann Ulrich Arner, compiled by Benjamin G. Zimmerman (1927-____?). Manuscript at Easton Area Public Library, Easton, Northampton, Pennsylvania.
(O) Counties of Morgan, Monroe and Brown, Indiana, Charles Blanchard, published by F A. Battey & Co., Chicago, Illinois, 1884.
(P) The Printed Birth and Baptismal Certificates of the German-Americans, Klaus Stopp, privately published, Mainz, Germany and East Berlin, Pennsylvania, 1998.
(R) Genealogy and Migration of the Auner-Aurner-Orner Family (7th Revised Edition), Rev. Dr. Josephine (Auner) Barnes, privately published, Des Moines, Iowa, 1996.
(S) Notices and Articles in Southeastern Pennsylvania Newspapers (mostly in Lehigh and Carbon Counties), transcribed by Sue Jones, of Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
(T) An unpublished Arner Genealogy manuscript, compiled by Judy (Durkin) McElderry.
(V) An unpublished Ahner Genealogy manuscript, compiled by Gladys Ahner Ivory.
††††† ARNER Home Page
††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† HOME PAGE
Arner References.††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Last revision: 14 Sep 2012
The *rner Genealogy Project (Arner, Erner, Orner, Urner Families in America)
Send e-mail with genealogy questions or comments about this website to:
Copyright © 1999-2012 by Joseph Erner (see Copyright Notice)